Melissa Gorga is no Danielle Staub but the mom of Teresa Giudice’s nephew is apparently going to be just as much of a headache for her sister-in-law as Danielle was! Since word of her casting as Danielle’s replacement on “Real Housewives of New Jersey” came out this morning, Melissa Gorga seems to have taken the place of Danielle Staub as enemy No. 1 for Teresa.
The whole mess became public when Danielle brought up Teresa’s nephew during Monday’s cast reunion, sparking a waaaaay over-the-top reaction from Teresa, who got in Danielle’s face and eventually walked off stage, only to return and later throw pillows at her. (Mature!)
That sparked a huge uproar on the internet: Who is Teresa Giudice’s nephew and why did she get so upset? It even prompted rumors that the nephew was actually husband Joe’s love child!
Well, apparently there’s no love child but there’s also no love lost between sister-in-laws Teresa and Melissa. Why? Here’s our best guesses:
– Melissa’s reportedly wanted to be part of the RHONJ cast since season one – perhaps Teresa’s guarding her turf.
– Maybe Teresa really did snub her nephew’s birth despite her protests to the contrary.
– Teresa may be worried she’s being replaced – she’s making noises about a raise now that she’s in bankruptcy court.
– She could be jealous of Melissa’s much bigger house.
– Melissa may be mad at Teresa because the latter reportedly barred her niece (Melissa’s daughter) from riding in a limo at Gia’s birthday party.