Rooney Mara: Five Things About The Girl With The Dragon TattooTheMommyologist
Actress Rooney Mara is definitely getting into character for her upcoming role in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. She has supposedly died her hair jet black to portray the role of Lisbeth Sander, and she’s also gotten some pretty interesting piercings. We’ll leave it at that.
It’s great that Mara wants to get fully absorbed into her character, but does going to such extremes set a bad example for young aspiring actresses?
Rooney Mara is somewhat of a newcomer, and a lot of people are asking themselves, “Just who is Rooney Mara?”
Here are five things about “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”:
1. Up until The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Rooney Mara is probably best known for her roles in the films Youth In Revolt and The Social Network.
2. She is a native New Yorker and was born in 1985.
3. Mara oversees the charity, Faces of Kibera. It benefits orphans in the Kibera slum in Nairobi, Kenya.
4. Her great-grandfather is Pittsburgh Steelers founder, Art Rooney Sr., and also Giants founder, Tim Mara.
5. Rooney Mara is the younger sister of popular actress, Kate Mara, who is known from films such as We Are Marshall and Brokeback Mountain.