Sal Picinich: 5 Things You Might Not Know About HimNatalie
Picinich was born in Croatia, and passed away in New Jersey after a two-year battle with cancer. He was 63 years old.
TLC released this statement: “TLC was saddened to learn of the passing of Sal Picinich, a beloved Carlo’s Bakery employee featured on ‘Cake Boss.’ We join Buddy Valastro and the entire Carlo’s crew in sending Sal’s family our sincerest condolences.”
Here are 5 things that you may not have know about Sal:
1. Picinich had worked at Carlo’s Bakery in Hoboken, which is the bakery where the series is recorded, for 45 years. He had been there longer than any other employee.
2. In 2009 when Picinich began his battle with cancer, he stopped appearing in “The Cake Boss” series. He did return briefly in 2010 to accept the Employee of the Century award on the bakery’s 100th anniversary.
3. He is survived by a wife, two sons, and two grandchildren.
4. Buddy Valastro who is “The Cake Boss”‘s namesake viewed Picinich as a “second father,” according to the Carlo’s Bakery publicist Adam Bourcier. Picinich also worked with Valastro’s father.
5. “The Cake Boss” season 4 premier was dedicated to him.
Do You watch “The Cake Boss”? Do you remember Sal Picinich being on the show?
Photo Source: NorthJersey.com