Did you catch Sam Elliott last night in “November Christmas,” the touching CBS movie about an older couple (Elliott and Karen Allen) who try to help a younger one (John Corbett and Sarah Paulson) with a seriously ill daughter? In real life, Elliott says he had friends who lost a child, and he couldn’t imagine what that would be like.
“The loss of a child is just not supposed to happen,” the father of one told Zap2It.
Here’s five things about this wonderful actor – it was great to see him on-screen last night!
1. He and future wife Katharine Ross appeared in “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.”
2. But they did not meet until nine years later, when they filmed “The Legacy” in 1978.
3. He attended Clark College in Vancouver, Wash.
4. He’s best known for his roles in Westerns and cowboy movies.
5. He’s rumored to be in contention to play Jonah Jameson in the newest “Spider-Man” film.