Everybody knows the hit TV game show The Wheel of Fortune, and recently Pat, Vanna and the show’s producer, Harry Freidman answered some questions about what keeps the show going after all of these years.
Here are five secrets about Wheel of Fortune that you may not (or if you’re a die hard fan, you may) already know:
1. Vanna does not like every gown that they dress her in. But she says with 195 shows a year, she tries to be open to everyone’s taste.
2. Everybody on the crew can come up with puzzles and clues. “Oh it’s very scientific, very scientific,” said Harry Friedman, producer of Wheel of Fortune. “Really everybody on the staff comes up with the puzzles. It’s a group effort. Pat and Vanna come up with the puzzles, I do, but we do have a producer, Rob Roeman, who coordinates and writes most of the puzzles.”
He goes on to say that there really is a method to make sure that the puzzles remain balanced, interestng and appealing, but he wasn’t willing to give up that secret.
3. The wheel of fortune? How much does that thing weigh? The wheel actually weighs in at 4,000 pounds. It’s heavy!
4. Maybe you wonder how Vanna gets those letters to appear. Does she have to do anything to special to make the letter appear and light up? “I have to touch it to make it light up, yes,” she said. “So they need me! They need me!”
5. Wheel of Fortune is the country’s most popular syndicated program, according to January 10th Nielsen Co. ratings.
So, there you go! Five secrets behind the Wheel of Fortune revealed.
Do you know any interesting Wheel of Fortune facts? Are you a Wheel of Fortune fan?