Six Things About Boardwalk Empire Star Steve Buscemi, Including His Son's NameToniFitz76
“Boardwalk Empire” premieres tonight, and the new show with Steve Buscemi is already receiving a huge amount of buzz. Leave it to HBO to try something really weird: This Atlantic City-set drama actually aims to turn Buscemi into a sex symbol.
Impossible, you say? Well, you’ll have to judge for yourself tonight. In the meantime, here’s five things you may not know about this father of one, including the name of his son.
1. Before he got a lot of acting parts, he was a fireman in New York City in the early ’80s. On Sept. 12, 2001, he went down to Ground Zero and began helping his old company amidst the wreckage of the two towers.
2. While shooting “Domestic Disturbance” with Vince Vaughn in 2001, Buscemi was stabbed three times when he tried to break up a bar fight.
3. He’s a prolific director as well as an actor, and he actually directed a couple episodes of two excellent series that aired on HBO, “The Sopranos” and “Oz.”
4. He’s a really slow driver.
5. His son’s name is Lucian. He was born in 1991, and he is Buscemi and wife Joe Andres’ only child.
6. Lucian plays the bass in a band.