So who is “Dancing with the Stars” season 11’s Rick Fox, who will be filling the “hot athlete” role in the wake of Chad Ochocinco, last season’s football-playing hottie? He joins a cast that also includes Jennifer Grey, Margaret Cho, Florence Henderson, Kyle Massey and Michael Bolton. Most people know that Fox played for the Los Angeles Lakers and won three NBA titles with them.
But Fox also has a juicy personal life. Apparently Hollywood actresses kinda throw themselves at you when you’re this good looking and a part-time actor to boot.
Keep reading for six things about Rick Fox, including where he’s from (it’s not the U.S.!), what Olympic event his mom competed in, and who his gorgeous ex-wife is.
1. Fox hails from Canada. He was born in Toronto, but he grew up mostly in the Bahamas.
2. His mom, Diane Gerace, was a pentathlete and high jumper for Canada’s Olympic team.
3. Fox, who played collegiately for North Carolina, married his college sweetheart and has a teenage son with her.
4. He married Vanessa L. Williams in 1999, but they separated five years later after pictures of Fox kissing another woman popped up in the National Enquirer. They apparently remained on good terms after his divorce, though: Fox played Williams’ bodyguard on an episode of “Ugly Betty” a couple years ago.
5. After retiring from the NBA, Fox turned his attention to acting full time. He’s appeared in the movie “Holes” and the TV shows “Shark,” “Party Down” and “One Tree Hill.”
6. He’s most recently been linked to former “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” actress Eliza Dushku.