Tameka Cottle and T.I. Arrested: Five Things About TI's New Wife TinyToniFitz76
T.I. arrested: That’s no way to start a marriage! The headlines have been ringing out all morning, and arrested along with him was new wife Tameka Cottle, aka Tiny of the BET reality show “Tiny and Toya,” who bills herself as a mother, singer, songwriter and producer. They have a big family: two kids together, Tiny has another of her own, and TI has three more of his own.
The two newlyweds, who tied the knot in a secret ceremony last month, were busted Wednesday in West Hollywood after cops allegedly sniffed dope while standing near their car. Since then, TI and Tiny’s fans have been burning up messageboards, posting support or voicing their disappointment over the arrest.
So who is Tameka Cottle? In addition to being a cougar (TI is seven years younger!) she’s a smart businesswoman and a mother who suffered the biggest heartbreak one can imagine. Here’s five things about her.
1. Her second baby with TI, Lelah Amore, was stillborn three years ago. Tiny very understandably went into a deep depression after her birth.
2. She co-wrote the hit TLC song “No Scrubs.” (It’s in your head now, isn’t it?)
3. She’s called “Tiny” because she stands just 4 feet, 11 inches.
4. In high school in North Carolina, she joined the R&B group Xscape, which was discovered by Jermaine Dupri (Janet Jackson’s ex).
5. Here’s what she posted on Twitter most recently: “Jus wanted 2say thank u 2every1 dats been leaving encouraging msgs & prayers! We love u guys:)going 2bed now! So glad 2b n a nice clean bed$”
Photo: PR Photos