Beverly D’Angelo is best known for her role a Mrs. Griswold in the National Lampoon Vacation films as Chevy Chase’s wife. But she has a very long resume including roles in Annie Hall, Coal Miner’s Daughter, and is now starring on Entourage.
But beyond her professional career, her personal life has been film worthy itself! Check out these 5 things about the life and loves of Beverly D’Angelo!
- Her career started on Broadway when she starred in Rockabye Hamlet. The play was apparently a bomb but she got attention for her performance and her career was off to a great start .
- She was once a Duchess! In 1981 she married an Italian aristocrat Duke Lorenzo Salviati (who happened to be a direct descendant of Lorenzo de Medici. Their marriage only lasted two years, although she didn’t divorce officially until 1995.
- She lived with the Irish directior Neil Jordan from 1985 to 1991 (while she was still married to Salviati).
- After she and Jordan separated, she started to date Anton Furst a Academy Award winning production designer. But sadly he committed suicide after they broke up in 1991.
- In 1996 Beverly D’Angelo started to date Al Pacino. The two were together from 1996 to 2003 but broke up after their twins (Olivia Rose and Anton James) celebrated their second birthday.