Were you one of the few people who decided to stay in bed this morning and slept through the Royal Wedding? Just in case you missed out on the nuptials or if you had to run off to work before they were finished, here are the the top ten things you should know about the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton:
1. The bride wore a gown by designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen. The gown itself had a striking resemblance to the gown that Grace Kelly wore for her marriage in 1956.
2. For her jewels, Princess Catherine went for simplicity, wearing a borrowed tiara from the Queen and a pair of earrings that were a gift from her parents.
3. Harry was the eternal little brother throughout the ceremony. The younger Prince reportedly whispered to his brother, “Wait til you see her,” as Kate walked up the aisle.
4. The hats stole the show. Adorned with ribbons, bows, or just a simple sculptural element the hats were the major fashion accessory of the day.
5. Both Princes went with formal military attire for the formal occasion. Prince William wore the red uniform of the Irish Guards. Prince Harry wore a Blues and Royals officer’s uniform.
6. The couple will be enjoying two wedding receptions. This morning Wills and Kate dined with the Queen and various dignitaries. This evening will be the more casual reception with friends and family.
7. The couple received their official titles and are now known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
8. The Queen wore pale yellow. Her dress beckoned the sunshine with elements of rays of sunshine built into the beading.
9. Princess’ Beatrice and Eugenie made the biggest fashion statements with their Philip Treacy toppers.
10. The Royal Couple took a page from Tina Fey’s book and wrote their own prayer for the ceremony.
11. Prince Will and Princess Kate proved themselves to be the people’s royal couple by kissing twice for the public and then taking a ride through the streets of London in a convertible while waving to the crowds who had gathered to celebrate their wedding.
Photo: Pacific Coast News
Raise a Girl the Tina Fey Way! A Prayer for Her Daughter