The first episode of “The Talk” is over: Did you watch? What did you think? Here’s my thoughts on the new live daily talk show, including the good, the bad and the ugly. Will you be watching tomorrow?
*Sara Gilbert. She’s as awesome as you remember her on “Roseanne,” and totally gorgeous, comfortable with her own style.
*Gilbert tells us “Roseanne” premiered on the same date 18 years ago … man, I loved that show. (Except the last season; but that goes without saying.
*Holly Robinson Peete revealed that husband Rodney Peete, a former football player, watches NFLmate Kurt Warner on “Dancing with the Stars.” I was charmed by that.
* Julie Chen revealed she has an unauthorized Twitter doppelganger! Ooh, wonder what the Chenbot is saying?
* An actual revelation: Guest Christie Brinkley got botox! And it didn’t work, she claims. Can’t tell now. Also, Christie does leg lifts while she brushes her teeth and squats while she dries her hair. She must have really clean teeth and really dry hair if that’s really how she stays in shape.
* “Talking Sex with Kids” segment was cute – Marissa Jaret Winokur had a good rapport with the moms on the street, and it was a fun difference from “The View.” And I’m loving her blonde hair.
*Too much self-promotion! Yes, we get it. You have a new show. Did we have to watch the birthing of said show in a 3-minutes sequence to begin “The Talk” whose only value was learning that if you launch a new show on CBS, you’ll get to be on “The Early Show” and “The Late Show?”
* Hmm, was that an iPad product placement as the show went to the second commercial, or were Leah and Sara just looking over (a little too eagerly) what looked like an iPad as the camera lingered on them?
* The table they sit around at the beginning. Did they steal that right from “The View” set?
*Sharon Osbourne. I love, love, love Kelly Osbourne and loved seeing her video to her mom … but there’s a reason her mom’s talk show was canceled after one season. She is just awkward. (Although she certainly does not look ugly. She looks fabulous – I want these people to do my makeup at my kids’ weddings.)
* I now know that Leah Remini calls her daughter’s, um, private area “her cupcake.” Hmm, isn’t she a Scientologist? Do they all do this? Either way, I didn’t need to know that, and her daughter will be very angry about this in 10 years.
* The six moms’ chemistry got better throughout the show, but it’s not there yet.