After years of dating, Nick Lachey is putting a ring on it! On Vanessa Minnillo’s finger that is. My guess is the world won’t witness Lachey’s marriage to Minnillo in a reality show like we did in Newlyweds, featuring the wedded bliss (or not) of Lachey and ex-wife Jessica Simpson. So who is Minillo and what is she famous for, besides her link to Lachey?
1. Minnillo won Miss South Carolina Teen USA and went on to win the title Miss Teen USA in 1998, the first Miss Teen USA from South Carolina and also the first from South Carolina to be named the pageant’s Miss Congeniality. She’s gorgeous AND nice!
2. She parlayed her beauty pageant win into a successful hosting and correspondent career. She was a host on MTV’s Total Request Live from 2003 to 2007 and became a correspondent for Entertainment Tonight in 2005. She hosted Miss Teen USA (2004) and co-hosted Miss Universe (2007). She hosts True Beauty, a competition in which 10 contestants vie for $100,000 and inclusion in People magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People issue.
3. She’s done some acting. Minnillo has appeared in television series including That’s Life, City Girls, soap The Bold and the Beautiful and How I Met Your Mother. She also starred in the 2008 comedy Disaster, a spoof of big-budget Hollywood disaster movies. The film had moderate box office success, but received extremely negative reviews, making the IMDd Bottom 100 list.
4. Minnillo and Lachey split in June 2009 but reconciled by that fall.
5. She was born in the Philippines and lived in Turkey for a while as a child.
They’ll make some beautiful babies one day!