Watch: The Top 5 Emmy Award Moments (VIDEO)Mara Siegler
5) Kathy Griffin’s mother Maggie read a letter to Ryan Seacrest, scolding him for stealing the Emmy Award from her daughter, aka America’s Sweetheart. Decked out in ‘JC Pennier,’ she also wanted to know if he had a box of wine handy.
4) Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer talked matrimony, wedding, and getting nude for Rolling Stone. The word “bits,” is said a lot.
3) Ricky Gervais is always funny, but this had me laughing out loud. He comments on the lack of alcoholic beverages at the awards show and takes a swipe at Christian Bale, Kiefer Sutherland, and Mel Gibson.
2) Possibly one of the most hyped sketches of the show was the Glee opening. And it deserved all the hype. Tina Fey, Jimmy Fallon, Kate Gosselin in DWTS dress, Jon Hamm, Betty White, and The Soup’s Joel McHale were Born to Run.
1) Why is this the best clip? Modern Family is an amazing show. George Clooney is well, George Clooney (Need I say more?). Put the two together and viola, perfection!