Am I the only one who giggles a little bit every time Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer do their little brother-big sister schtick? Or who falls asleep every time Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas’ pre-dance video is shown? Chemistry between the star and their partner can determine whether you vote or sit on your hands, whether you’re screaming at Len or screaming at Brooke (oh, wait I scream at Brooke no matter what).
So which one of this season’s couples has the best chemistry? Here’s how they rate from best to worst:
1. Derek Hough and Jennifer Grey You can’t be the best without some chemistry, and Derek has chemistry with EVERY one of his partners. Plus, when you have “Don’t put Baby in a corner” references to break the ice, how could you not have fabulous chemistry?
2. Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer I love how protective she is of him and how he knows just how to tweak her. And also how he looked like he wanted to run out of the room when someone (Brooke, I’ll bet) made a comment last week about how hot Lacey looked. Like “Eww, don’t talk about my sister that way!”
3. Corky Ballas and Florence Henderson I’m not into Henderson’s dirty old lady schtick, but she and Corky seem to be on the same page for all their dances. It’s nice to see a mature couple who are trying not just to look good but to win!
4. Brandy and Maks Chmerkovskiy Well, they either despise each other or they’re in love. I’m not sure what else could explain them.
5. Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani His chemistry with her is 1,000 percent better than his chemistry with Kate Gosselin last season. Then again, his chemistry with a mannequin would be better than his chemistry with Kate.
6. Kurt Warner and Anna Trebunskaya Kurt is very personable and Anna is fun; but they don’t have much spark together.
7. Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas There are rumors that these two are dating. He’s sweetly protective of her, but dating? I see more chance of Ballas dating Florence Henderson. (Update Tuesday morning: Hmm, after watching their body language last night, I have changed my mind: I think they are dating.)
8. Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke I’m not rating them last just because I’m jealous Cheryl gets to dance with him every week. OK, fine, I am but so is every other woman in America.