Maggie Q was heating up TVs tonight with the series premiere of Nikita on CW, but who is Maggie Q anyway? Check out this list of 5 things about Nikita CW star Maggie Q.
1. Maggie’s real name is Margaret Denise Quigley, and she grew up in Honolulu. Following high school, she went to Taiwan to try her hand at modeling, but said, “I was rejected by everyone.” She moved to Hong Kong with little money, but started to secure TV and movie roles.
2. Maggie was picked by Jackie Chan to train in Hong Kong. Prior to working with Chan, Maggie Q had never done any martial arts.
3. Maggie Q has three tattoos, including one of a Phoenix on her left hip. For other roles, she’s had to cover this tat, but for Nikita, the ink is front and center.
4. Maggie is a terrific role model for kids, as she’s a huge PETA supporter. Her work with PETA earned her 2007’s PETA Asia-Pacific “Person of the Year.”
5. Maggie has starred alongside headliners Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible III and Bruce Willis in Live Free or Die Hard. Nikita‘s executive producer, Craig Silverstein, wanted Maggie Q for the role after seeing her in Live Free or Die Hard.
Nikita is a new TV series based on the 1990 film La Femme Nikita, which was also a television show starring Peta Wilson. Nikita co-stars Shane West
Here’s a video clip of Maggie Q on Jimmy Fallon. Did you watch Nikita? What did you think?