Have you heard that Hilary Duff is pregnant with her first child? She’s only 23 and will be a very young mom, but Hilary is indeed expecting her first baby with husband Mike Comrie.
Hilary and Mike got engaged in February 2010, and tied the knot on August 14th, 2010 in Santa Barbara. Now that they have a little one on the way exactly one year after getting hitched, their lives are about to be turned upside down! Hopefully they’ve enjoyed their year as newlyweds and are ready to dive head first into parenthood!
Other than being Hilary Duff’s husband and father of her child, who is Mike Comrie? Here are 10 things that you may not know about the daddy of Hilary’s baby-to-be.
1. Mike was born on September 11th, 1980, making him 30 years old. He’s seven years older than his bride!
2. Comrie was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.
3. Mike attended Jasper Place High School and went on to play hockey at the University of Michigan.
4. He was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers in the third draft round in 1999.
5. Comrie began playing for the Philadelphia Flyers in 2003 after a contract dispute with the Edmonton Oilers.
6. Mike only played 21 games for Philly before being traded to the Phoenix Coyotes.
7. In September 2009, Mike wound up signing a contract to return to Canada to play for the Edmonton Oilers, after having left the Coyotes to play for the Ottawa Senators and New York Islanders.
8. Mike signed a one-year contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins in September of 2010 for $500,000.
9. Comrie comes from a big family. He has three siblings and also two younger half-brothers.
10. Mike lost his mother to cancer in 1990.
What will Mike Comrie have in common with Orlando Bloom?