Sheryl Sandberg is a wife, mother and she also happens to be a very important person in the social media realm, very important. She is the Chief Operating Officer of Facebook and founder Mark Zuckerberg’s most trusted ally. So who is Sheryl Sandberg, the woman who is behind the past, present and future of social media?
* Sheryl was born in 1969 making her about 40 or 41
* She has two children
* Sheryl is married to David Goldberg who is the CEO of SurveyMonkey.
* She had a previous marriage to Brian Kraff, the CEO of Market Hardware.
* Before she joined Facebook she was the Vice President of Global Online Sale and Operations at Google and before that she was the Chief of Staff for the US Department of the Treasury.
* The native Floridian grew up in North Miami Beach.
* She went to Harvard and graduated in 1991 with a B.A. in economics. In 1993 she attended Harvard Business School and got her MBA in 1995.
* Mark Zuckerberg met Sheryl at a Christmas party in 2007. He was so impressed with her and figured she would be a “perfect person” for the role of COO, a role that they did not previously have.
* At Facebook Sheryl “oversees the firm’s business operations including sales, marketing, business development, human resources, public policy and communications.”
* In addition to her work at Facebook, she is on the board of not only the Walt Disney Company but is on the Board of Directors of Starbucks (where she receives $280,000 a year in exchange).
* In 2010 she ranked in as #16 of the 50 Most Powerful Women in Business by Fortune Magazine.
You can read more about her here!