The Brangelina Wedding Watch is back on!
Ever since Brad Pitt put that major piece of blingage on Angelina Jolie‘s ring finger, everyone has been wondering when the two would actually exchange their vows and stop the “when already?” grumbling. One report hinted that they would do the deed last weekend on the day of Brad’s parents’ anniversary, but the buzz quickly died down when the day came and went without incident.
Now London’s Daily Mail is revving up the murmurs again with its new claim that the couple will be marrying this weekend – which would mean sometime on Sunday, since Saturday is about to become a distant memory.
The tab says that the press is already camped outside Chateau Miraval, the Jolie-Pitt estate in France, while the grounds are prepared for the big day.
And for those of you who love a huge, splashy celebrity wedding, you won’t be disappointed when you hear what’s reportedly in the works for the A-list bride and groom. Here’s the inside info the Mail claims is for-real-and-true!
– The couple will exchange their vows in the Romanesque chapel located right inside the estate. (They’ll also need to have a civil ceremony at the local town hall to make them officially wed under French law.)
– Angelina’s dress may be designed either by L’Wren Scott or by her favorite couturier, Versace…that is, unless she decides to surprise everyone by donning the vintage dress she wore in Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
– Angelina’s brother, James Haven, will give her away; she’s back on speaking terms with dad Jon Voight, but they’re not close enough to give him such an important honor.
– The wedding party will include the couple’s six children, Pax, Zahara, Maddox, Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne, who have been wanting their parents to marry for years. Also included: the three children of Brad’s younger brother, Doug.
– The wedding rings, designed by Angelina’s jewelry consultant Robert Procop, will be of rose gold with a tablet-cut diamond for both. Their vows have been carefully – and minutely – inscribed within the bands. Total price: $600,000.
– Guests will include Brad’s parents, sister and brother, as well as close friends George Clooney, Matt Damon, Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise (presumably Katie Holmes is off the guest list). Angelina’s godparents, Maximilian Schell and Jacqueline Bisset, have also been invited. Conspicuously absent from the invitees? Brad’s ex-wife, Jennifer Aniston. However, we suspect she’ll be happier back home planning her own wedding to Justin Theroux.
– Brad, who has reportedly become a “groomzilla” about planning, has carefully selected a reception menu of organic meat and fish seasoned with fresh local herbs.
– Wine will flow freely. Not only does the chateau’s wine cellar date back to 1850, but the estate is also a working vineyard that produces its own vintages. The name of their rose? Pink Floyd.
– In lieu of wedding gifts, guests have been asked to donate to one of the couple’s favorite charities. However, the bride- and groom-to-be will be trading little baubles with each other. Brad has reportedly ordered a special $300,000 gold and mother-of-pearl Patek Philippe Minute Repeater watch, with chimes that sound like Big Ben’s. Angelina’s gift to her beloved? A helicopter and flying lessons.
– Reportedly, photo rights to the Wedding of the Year have been sold to an unnamed American magazine for $40 million, all of which will go to UNICEF. A crack team of motorbike-riding guards will keep unwelcome paparazzi from getting any unauthorized shots. But it’s possible Brad will have his own camera out for a candid or two.
– Mr. and Mrs. Pitt may not go on their honeymoon right away. But when they’re ready, Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has offered his 400-foot yacht, the Octopus, for their use. The craft includes a pool, nightclub, movie theater, helipad, basketball court and two submarines in case they need to duck the media in a hurry.
So far, none of our usual American sources have even hinted that the Mail‘s account is in any way accurate. But if it’s not, then they certainly have some creative writers at work.
As for me, I’m hoping it’s all just idle gossip. Why? If there’s a party involving George Clooney and Pink Floyd wine, I want to be there!!!
[Photo: via PRPhotos.com]
Read more of Shana’s writing at Momsperiments.
And don’t miss a post! Follow Shana on Twitter!
Don’t miss the latest from Famecrawler like our Facebook page!
More from Babble: