There has been much speculation that someone will be leaving The Real Housewives of New York City. Some say it’ll be Jennifer Gilbert since she didn’t contribute much to the last season. Some say it’ll be Alex McCord, perhaps because of her busy life, working and raising two young kids. But most, who seem almost unanimous, think “crazy” Kelly Bensimon should be the housewife to leave. Not just for her sake, but for the sake of her kids. And there are some clues that she may be the one who is will be fleeing from the drama…
• On Kelly’s Bravo blog she has said “What happened, happened and it is left in the past where it belongs.” And she ends her very short blog post with “I wish all the women well in all of their endeavors.” Isn’t that the kind of language used when someone either quits or is fired?
• On Kelly’s twitter account she’s been taking a lot about going to “meetings.” The other housewives aren’t in as meetings as her. Perhaps it has to do with her jewelry line or her modeling career? Or maybe she’ll be getting her own show like Bethenny’s Bethenny Gets Married? But this one may be Kelly Gets Sane?
• Perhaps she is going to engage herself fulltime on her new pet project, bringing attention to systematic bullying?
• Bethenny Frankel certainly thinks she should go. “I honestly don’t think this is the right place for her to be on television. I think she can’t resist being on the show, but it’s really not healthy for her.” But she adds that since she won’t be on the show it’ll be good for Kelly saying, “Frankly, if I’m not on the show again, that’ll make it better for her because me being on the show again is certainly not good for her health. But I’ve never seen anything like it — and I really did grow up in a crazy town.”
• Oh and our readers, they REALLY think that Kelly should go. Some of the comments we’ve gotten include such gems as:
“ Everyone knows Kelly should not be returning to any reality tv show. That girl needs serious help. Jennifer was so boring the little bit we did see.”
“Kelly really needs to leave and seek help. It is wrong of BRAVO to exploit someone who is clearly emotionally unstable.”
“Ya know Bravo is taking a big chance keeping Kelly (and I seriously mean this from a legal standpoint). It really looks as though Kelly has the potential to harm herself or others during one of her fits”
“I think kelly really needs some professional help. SHe needs to be off the show before she loses it really and that would not be good gor (for) her children to see, BRAVO think of them.”
What do you think? Should Kelly leave the show? Do you think she will?
Photo: Bauer Griffin