10 Easy Snack Ideas for the Famished MomMelanie Blodgett
Sometimes as a stay-at-home/work-from-home mom I get so caught up in the daily happenings that I neglect to eat much, especially if there aren’t any easy snacks on hand. At about 4 pm I’ll wonder why I’m so hungry and then realize that a fistful of dry cereal served as my breakfast and lunch. Do you ever do the same? My goal is to do better so here are ten snack ideas I need to start including on my kitchen staple list.
1. An apple or pear and cheese slices
2. Low-fat microwave popcorn
3. Peanut butter cookie dough balls (much healthier then they sound)
4. Avocado toast
5. Dried fruit (no sugar added)
6. Pita chips + hummus
7. Trail mix (no raisins please)
8. Smoothies (frozen fruit, milk and yogurt)
9. Natural peanut butter with pretzels or apple slices
10. Low-fat yogurt (honestly, I’m partial to Yoplait – I’ve tried generic brands and I’ve found that it’s worth it to spend a little extra money for much better taste)
What are your favorite go-to snacks that I should add to my list?