Some fun and unique tips for healthy eating! It’s just a few changes but I’ve included the sources in case you want to learn more!
1. Aim for 50% Raw (Living) Food / 50% Dead (Cooked) Food. I love the book Fit for Life. This book is not a diet. It’s about a lifestyle. The author advocates a lifelong diet composed of 50% raw (living) food and no more than 50% dead (cooked) food in order to lose weight and maintain maximum physical and mental health.
View the rest of the tips after the jump!
2. Add a few grams of fiber to your diet and use skim milk. Another book: The China Study. It’s a great book and the biggest takeaway is the Western diet is extremely high fat and high protein compared to most of the rest of the world. Studies that examine slight variations in this diet (i.e., adding a few grams of fiber or substituting skim milk for full fat milk) are like comparing the mortality rates of people who smoke five packs of cigarettes a day vs. people who smoke only 97 cigarettes a day.
3. Test the Ph of your body! Degenerative diseases have a hard time surviving in an akalyne body. The trick is changing up your diet to reduce acidity. I wrote about this in a post one day on my blog. Testing your Ph can be fun.
4. Drink more water! See my 10 Ways to Drink More Water here.
5. Add fresh juice to your diet! Nutrients absorb quickly into your body and provide energy! Read about juicing for health here.
6. Portion Control….with a jar. Finally, have you ever tried food in a jar? It’s a GREAT way to control portions….plus you can make many of them and freeze ahead of time. Here are 11 “food in a jar” ideas I’ve written about before…..ranging from layered salads to freeze-ahead pies:
READ MORE OF ASHLEY’S WRITING AT LIL BLUE BOO.
Thanks very much to Brita for sponsoring this post. Check out more posts in this campaign.