Capturing Christmas MorningMarie LeBaron
We are just days away from Christmas. Is your house going mad with gingerbread, wrapping paper, and chocolate fudge too? Do you also have the music on 24/7, along with tree lights glowing all day and night? Our house is excited for this holiday season.
With all the hustle and bustle leading up to the holiday season, sometimes Christmas morning gets away from me too quickly. I often miss out on those candid moments of the morning, wishing I’d had them on camera. Sometimes it’s good to “set up” some of the shots, making sure you remember them forever.
So here is my list of pictures I want to take on Christmas morning, watching the kids have the time of their lives, and capturing it all on camera!
1. Hallway Line Up: A tradition I’ve passed on from when I was little, my kids line up youngest to oldest in the hallway, just outside the room of the present filled tree. I want to make sure we get a good photo of all 3 of my kids lined up and ready to go!
2. First Look Faces: Once we let the kids walk into the room where all the gifts are, I’ll need to station my husband over by the tree with our camera to make sure we get those “first look” faces. I’m usually behind the kids as they walk in and never get to see the look they give, so I want to make sure it’s on camera.
3. Stocking Grab: After the initial check of all the gifts, we let our kids riffle through their stockings first. I want to take a picture of the first thing they pull out. Will it be a small wrapped gift, some chapstick, or a Christmas orange?
4. Wrapping Paper Surprise: I love that moment of opening up a paper wrapped gift. I want to make sure we get the action shot of opening the gift on camera, almost more so than what they find inside. It’s that moment of anxious excitement I want to see captured.
5. Favorite Gift: When the gifts have all been opened, we’ll have each child choose one of their favorites to hold up and I’ll snap a quick Christmas present picture. They’ll either hug the gift, kiss it, or give one of those “yes, Santa got it right” faces, all for me to catch on camera.
What are some of your family’s favorite Christmas morning moments?
Would you like to win your own Samsung Galaxy Camera? Repin one of the photos from our “Holiday Memories + Moments” Pinterest board with the hashtag #samsungmemories for a chance to win, or upload your own photo onto your personal board with the hashtag #samsungmemories. And from there, we will pick the top twenty photos. Contest ends December 31st, 2012.