Pantries may be practical, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t be beautiful too. And even whimsical.
Last winter I had a sinus infection, go hopped up on antihistamines and started organizing and painting my pantry in the middle of the night. It’s still one of my favorite projects because we use and enjoy it every day. I love that it’s whimsical and playful too.
There are so many inspiring pantry makeovers around. And if you don’t have a pantry, you can make over a closet or cupboard instead!
Here are 7 tips for a more organized pantry, plus 8 DIY pantry projects:
Pantry Makeover Tips:
- Group like things together — like baking supplies, pastas, spices, etc. It’s so much easier to find what you are looking for.
- Find pretty containers — mine are from Ikea.
- If you have bulk size items, store them in big baskets or bins at the bottom of your pantry.
- Buy see-through plastic containers for your cereals. It’s so much cleaner looking and easier to access than boxes.
- Make use of every inch of wall space inside the pantry — to hang aprons or dust pans.
- Label everything. I used chalkboard labels that can be changed easily.
- Instead of shelf liners try using pretty place mats to protect your painted shelves.
Here are some of my favorite pantry makeovers —
Quatrefoil Pantry 1 of 8
Turquoise Pantry 2 of 8
Wire Shelving Pantry 3 of 8
Chevron Pantry 4 of 8
Beadboard Pantry 5 of 8
Walk Through Pantry 6 of 8
Chalkboard/Barn Door Pantry 7 of 8
Free Standing Pantry 8 of 8