Button Wreath Ornament:
These ornaments make great gifts for teachers and friends, and allow your children to work on fine motor skills – and patience!
Colored buttons, jewelry wire, ribbon, round point craft needle
- Lay out buttons in color combination and pattern desired for ornament
- Thread one button at a time until desired effect is reached
- Tie off ribbon or string
- Add a bow of ribbon at the top, and a loop to hang ornament
Tissue Treats Advent Calendar:
This contemporary take on the advent calendar is easy to make and fun to open!
Tissue paper, scissors, ribbon, treats, number stickers
- Cut circles of tissue paper, about the size of a salad plate. At least two circles for each day in December leading up to Christmas
- Layer two circles together and place treats in the middle
- Pull tissue paper around treats and tie with ribbon
- Add number stickers from 1 to 25
- Tie tissue paper bundles to long length of ribbon in numerical order
- Enjoy a treat each day in December as the excitement builds for Christmas!