Every time I share coupon tips for beginners or discuss extreme couponing strategies, someone always tells me coupons are just too much trouble. And, I get it. I do. But, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing — you can save money at the grocery, even without them.
It starts with paying attention to where you shop. Choose the store with the best prices on the things you buy for your family. Then, join the digital age of couponing — all the savings of coupons, sans the hassle of weekly clipping & organization.
Check out these great tools for saving money, without traditional coupon clipping:
- Weekly Sale Ad: Even without coupons, you’ll find great deals on the front page. This is where the store will list the loss leaders designed to get you in the door. It’s also how I choose my meat & produce each week. Working with the weekly sale prices, I can create a meal plan for less.
- Manager Markdowns: Oh, yes, you can even shop clearance at the grocery store! You’ll find day old bread, overflow canned & boxed goods plus great deals on meat & produce. These are typically dated within a day, but it’s perfect for that evening’s meal or to freeze for later.
- eCoupons: Load eCoupons, like Cellfire, Shortcuts, and UPromise, directly to your grocery shopper’s card. You’ll save money with the quick click of a mouse.
- Printable Coupons: If clipping coupons sounds like too much work, how about a simple click & print? Print coupons on the products you use right before you go shopping — you’ll save money on your favorites, with little work.
- Clipping Services: If you don’t have the time to find & clip coupons, let
coupon clipping services do all the hard work for you. Just select the coupons you want, pay the service for their time, and save money when you shop.
Photo Credit: Flickr
Also on Babble: 10 ways spending less now may cost you more in the long run