How To: Spring Art with Tissue Paper BlossomsMarie LeBaron
Blossoms are popping up all over the trees near my house. It’s so pretty with all the shades of pink on the trees. I was inspired to create some blossoms indoors with this framed piece of tissue paper blossom art! It’s perfect for a little bit of spring home decor.
Here’s how we made our Spring Art with Tissue Paper Blossoms:
- white cardstock paper
- brown paint and paint brush
- pink tissue paper
1. Depending on the size of your frame, cut your piece of cardstock paper into the size to fit your frame. Mine is a 5×7 frame with a 4×6 sized photo space. So I trimmed down my paper to 5×7 and made sure only to paint my branch within the 4×6 space.
2. With your brown paint and paint brush, paint a tree branch across your paper. This is the fun part. Your branch can look any way you want. And with a paint brush, it gives it that real branch look. Give it a few extra branches coming out of the main branch for a little dimension.
3. Cut your tissue paper into 1×1 inch squares. You can go larger with these squares, but it’s a small frame and you don’t want them too big.
4. Crunch up your tissue paper pieces into a ball size and with a dab of glue, add them to your branches.
5. Once they are all glued to the paper, let them dry completely. You can add the word “Blossom” to your picture or leave it blank. You can even add the words “Spring” or a child’s name as well.
Now add your new blossom art to your frame and it’s ready to display.