Make a Paper Lantern Chandelier!jentatertots
I threw a Sweet 16 Party for my daughter over the weekend. It was so much fun. I had a great time coming up with some bright and happy party decorations for the party. One of my favorite things that I made was a colorful light installation using paper lanterns. It’s an easy way to make a dramatic statement for any type of party or get-together.
I’ll share how YOU can make one, after the break!
- First, collect 9-12 paper lanterns. You can pick them up at any party supply. And sometimes the Dollar Store has white ones. If you have a Hobby Lobby, they have a set of 3 for lanterns in different sizes for $4.99. Different shades of one color look great.
- You will also need some twine and some push pins.
- Assemble the paper lanterns and tie them together with twine, leaving about 6 inches at the top of the first lantern.
- Take the top of the twine, tie it and wrap the twine around the base of the push pin, then push it into the ceiling.
- Do this for each lantern row that you make.
- It looks best to stagger the lines of lanterns, so they are not lined up in a row.
- It also looks best if you have different amounts of lanterns in each row. I made one very long row, then two medium and one short row.
- The last thing you can do is add some twinkle lights inside of the lanterns. This is optional. I used batter-operated lights and then tucked it all inside of the lanterns. That way there were no cords visible.
And you are done!
Enjoy your festive chandelier. It’s sure to be a conversation starter!!
And you are welcome to drop by Tatertots & Jello for the rest of the Sweet 16 Party. It was a fun night!!
Tatertots & Jello on Facebook – where I love to share great ideas!