I have kind of a thing for sample sizes. Not only are they often free, but it’s a great way to try a variety of products in a short amount of time. Plus, trial size also equals travel size! And, that’s why samples are such a huge part of our life — they just serve so many purposes.
We keep sample sizes of medications, first aid supplies, and baby wipes in the car. They’re easily tucked away, incredibly portable, and right there when we need something.
The girls have sample sizes of toothpaste, hair care, and soap in the bathroom. They use less because they always feel like it’s almost empty, and if the youngest makes a mess of something, it’s a little easier to clean.
I keep a travel bag already packed with sample makeup, hair care, and sorts of other beauty supplies. It’s grab-and-go ready and airline approved! Plus, the small sizes keep my bags lightweight.
So, where do all my itty bitties come from?
- Grocery store travel sizes: These are often free with coupons good on “any size.” If there is no size restriction on a good coupon, check the travel section for free & cheap sample sizes.
- Mailbox: There’s just no such thing as junk mail. Keep an eye out for freebies in the mail.
- Beauty Box 5: I recently had the opportunity to try out a Beauty Box sample kit — 4-5 beauty items to try as part of a monthly subscription. Mine even featured a few full-size products, including one of my favorite organic makeup brands!
- Doctor’s office: Check with your doctor for free samples on over-the-counter meds, prescriptions, and baby products.
- Facebook: “Like” your favorite brands for free offers on samples by mail and even full-size coupons.
- Klout Perks: Even if you aren’t heavily involved in social media, signup for Klout with your Facebook account. Brands will offer Perks in the form of free samples, full size products, coupons or trials.