The New Home Eccraftyamy
Well hallo! I’m Amy Anderson, and am very pleased to be here with you as part of the new Home Ec section of Babble.com. Home Ec has changed a lot since I was in school. I remember sewing the most heinous shirt in my high school Home Ec class – I used a serger for the first time to do it. It was white with blue roses on it, and to finish the “assignment” (and get an A) I had to not only sew the shirt but wear it for the entire day. Let’s just say that I didn’t realize I would have to wear it when I made it, and my rockin’ roses knit with a boxy fit didn’t impress anyone. In fact, the fit was so horrible that I tried to hide for the whole day. I would have stayed in my locker if I had fit.
Like I said. Home Ec has changed a lot.
It’s fun, you can save a lot of money and it’s so satisfying. Plus you create beautiful things. And that is what I hope to share with you. Beautiful things that you will want to make or do for yourself.
Before I get cracking, I would like to take an entry to share a few things about me. Here’s what you should know:
- I have been knitting since I was 15 – I also love sewing, general crafting, home decor and refurbishing.
- I’m particularly inspired by the mid-century modern era.
- I love Hello Kitty.
- I wear bright colors and stripes or polka dots every day.
- I’m the oldest girl of five children. I have four younger brothers. So I’m a bit of a tomboy.
- I have been known to do projects with glitter moustaches.
- I run and/or co-run three blogs: Mod Podge Rocks, Decor Hacks and Crafterminds. Blogging is the most satisfying thing I’ve ever done.
- You can find me on Twitter @modpodgerocks or at my Facebook fan page all the time – I’m quite chatty.
I’m looking so forward to sharing my life and some projects with you. This is going to be so fun, and I can’t wait to get started!