Ready to throw the ultimate Halloween get together this year? Everyone loves a good Halloween party, and the best part is seeing everyone’s costumes! It might seem a little overwhelming when you start planning from scratch, so we’ve created the ultimate planning guide to make sure your party is the talk of the neighborhood. The great thing about Halloween parties is that the possibilities are endless. Our Halloween gallery below is full of inspiration!
(more after jump)
Decide on your theme 1 of 10A party's theme ties everything together! If your guests are the adventurous type, try a Haunted House theme, inspired by antiques, muted colors, and all things scary.
Grab some inspiration from Anders Ruff's Haunted Halloween photo shoot.
Other theme ideas:
Throw a Bewitching Halloween Bash!
If it's a girls night out, how about a Glam Halloween Party?
Send out your invites! 2 of 10The perfect Halloween party begins with the perfect invitation. Check out these free printable invites to inspire your party!
1. Spooky Owl Invitations from Martha Stewart
2. Bat Invitation from Party Planning Center
3. Candy Corn Pirate, Mermaid or Cowboy Invitations from Oliebollen
4. Mini Invites and Stickers from Paper Crave
5. Halloween Invitations from Perideau Designs
Dress up the house 3 of 10Spook up your home with these fun and affordable DIY crafts, sure to bewitch your party guests.
1. Table Decor Printable from Living Locurto
2. Paper Bats with Template from Made
3. No Carve Pumpkin Decorating from Real Simple
4. Tangled Web from Better Homes and Gardens
5. Halloween Hang Ups from Martha Stewart
6. Make your own tablecloth from Martha Stewart
7. Spooky Banner Printable from How Does She?
8. Halloween Candle Wrappers with Printable from Mr. Printables
Print out decorations on the cheap 4 of 10If you're not super crafty or you're on a budget (or both!), download these 3 FREE Halloween Party kits for instant party decor. They've got everything you need to make banners, cupcake toppers and wrappers, candy buffet labels, favors bags, and more!
1. The Witches Larder Party Kit from Second Sister Suaviloquy
2. Retro Halloween Party Kit from Ellinee
3. Halloween Party Kit from My Grafico
Dress appropriately 5 of 10Want your party guests to show up dressed in amazing costumes? Then you better dress to impress, too! Let everyone know beforehand that you'll have some fabulous prizes to hand out to the best costumes.
Check out these 10 DIY Tasteful Adult Costumes to start your brainstorming!
And if kids are coming to the party, check out these 20 Awesome Handmade Children Costumes.
Play with your food! 6 of 10A party isn't a Halloween party without some spooky (but still tasty) food! Check out these fun recipes to fill up your guests.
1. Halloween Food Ideas from One Charming Party 2. Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse from Glorious Treats
3. Apple Smiles from Disney Family
4. Pumpkin Veggie Tray from Taste of Home
5. Spooky Taco Dip from Better Homes and Gardens
6. Buggy Burger Cookies at Squidoo
7. Skeleton Cupcakes from My Recipes
8. Sand Witches from Lisa Storms at Fiskars
Let guests serve themselves 7 of 10Candy and dessert buffet tables have become the centerpiece of most parties, so set one up and let guests have at it themselves — it's more fun that way!
Check out Candy Buffet 101 from Moore Minutes!
You can stock up on candy at your local candy store, Walmart, Costco or online store like Candy Warehouse.
Photo credit: Mon Tresor.
Keep the fun going with games and crafts 8 of 10Keep the young ones entertained by planning out a series of Halloween-themed party games and crafts. Who wouldn't want to play Dress the Candy Corn?
1. Witch Pitch Party Game from Chica and Jo
2. Doughnuts on a String from Martha Stewart
3. Spider Sacks from Modern Parents Messy Kids
4. Several Ghoulish Halloween Games from Family Fun
5. Dress the Candy Corn from Olibollen
6. 32 Halloween Craft Ideas from Kaboose
7. Free coloring pages from Parents.com
Don’t forget the goodie bags! 9 of 10Trick or treat! Send your little guests home with one of these adorable DIY goodie bags:
1. Printables for Treat Bags by Oscar & Emma at Love.Obsess.Inspire
2. Goodie Bag Treat Toppers from The Crafting Chicks
3. Creepy Halloween Treat Bag Topper from Glorious Treats
4. Halloween Lunch Bags from it is what it is
5. Candy Corn Favors from Skip to My Lou
6. Witch's Broom Favor Bags from Martha Stewart
7. Pumpkin Treat Bags from Martha Stewart
Include a mix of candy and party favors in your giveaways 10 of 10I still remember which of my neighbors had the best candy when I was growing up, so I always want the kiddos to think I'm the "awesome candy" house! But for inexpensive Halloween party favors that aren't edible, check out the great assortment at Oriental Trading. Favors come in bulk, which is perfect when you have several little guests at your party.
For more activities, check out these all-ages Halloween party games!
Check out these Halloween posts for additional party inspiration!
Create a smorgasbord of ghoulish delights with these 25 Fun and Spooky Halloween Food Ideas.
Check out 20 MORE Free Halloween Printables to assist with your party decor.
Want a more subdued Halloween party? These 10 Fall Party Themes have all the trimmings.
Create the perfect pumpkin decor with these 20 Free Halloween Pumpkin Carving Templates.
READ MORE OF ASHLEY’S WRITING AT LIL BLUE BOO.