Where to Cruise With the KidsMarie LeBaron
We’ve been dying to go on a cruise. I’ve never been and neither has my husband. We’ve decided that if we go, we’ll take the kids with us. I always wanted to go as a kid, so we thought it would be fun to make it happen for ours!
But there are so many desinations and most are kid-friendly, so we’re having a hard time choosing. There’s sunny and warm or something more fun and adventurous. Although the kids would probably like anything we did, especially with all the fun stuff to do on the boat itsefl!
Here’s where we’ve narrowed it down to:
Sunny and Warm:
- Bahamas: Somewhere I’ve always wanted to go to, but it might be a more appropriate destination for a couples cruise.
- Mexico: This would be fun. Hot and sunny, and my kids can pick up a few spanish words while we’re there.
- Hawaii: Oh, Hawaii. How I love you! This would be great as it’s got it all, sun, sand, play!
Fun and Adventurous:
- Alaska: It’s going to be colder, but that doesn’t mean anything, especially if we went during the summer months. And I’ve heard there are fun stops for the kids, like panning for gold.
- Canada: This passes through New York and Boston, then up to Quebec. Would be fun to see the east side of the US and then travel up to Canada where they speak French!
- Pacific Coast: From Seattle to San Francisco to LA! All you want to see of the Pacific Ocean. I’m sure there will be a few dolphin friends to see.
One of the best parts for our family is that we live in Seattle. Seattle is a port for some of these destinations. That might help in our decision, as we wouldn’t have to fly somewhere else!
So, thoughts? It’s a big decision. I’m not sure we could do this again with our whole family for another few years, so we’ve got to make this one perfect! What do you think?