Is First Lady Michelle Obama pregnant or isn’t she? That is the question, but, let’s hope she is! Why? Well, there are five very good reasons that a baby in the White House will makes things better for everyone!
List after the jump!
1. A presidential pregnancy would mean jobs for people! Seriously. Media would be in a frenzy, trying for that shot of the “baby bump,” or speculating if Michelle is pregnant with one baby or two and watching with great anticipation as her due date approached – it would be nuts, so more people would have to be hired to cover the topics. People would be buying magazines like there was no tomorrow and clicking through as many blogs as they could to find the latest news. And that means – $$$!
2. Baby products industry would go insane! Moms all over, would be wanting what the Obama’s are using to carry their little one in, push them in, dress them in – pure chaos! There’d be the Obama stroller, pacifier, the Obama onesie – list would be endless. ‘Did you see what Michelle had her darling little baby dressed in? I want one!’ I can see it all now.
3. A White House baby could, possibly, be an inspiration to other moms and dads everywhere. They’d see Michelle and Barack having a career and a family, and learning how to balance it all without burning out. Not that the Obamas are perfect, but they do seem like regular people who have perfected what works for them, and that might inspire other families to find a routine that’s perfect for their lives.
4. We’d not have to hear about bad economic news all the time (plus, if you see # 1 and # 2, we’re going to kick the bad economic times to the curb!) - we’d be flooded with bump news, what maternity fashions Michelle wears, how Malia and Sasha are feeling about the new baby to come – do they want a brother or a sister, we’d hear about the birth and then wait on baited breath for that first photo of baby Obama. Times would be good, happy. Joyous!
5. A White House baby could mean an up-swing on birth rates. Usually, in tough economic times, the birth rate drops – it plunged 15% during the Great Depression. And seriously, we need more babies to help chip away at the US deficit. More babies, means more $$$.
And honestly, there are probably another 50 reasons why it would be a good thing if Michelle Obama is pregnant. It’s true, the Obamas did say they were not planning any more children but, sometimes the best things in life aren’t planned.
We’re on bump watch!