It was a short week for some, but on Strollerderby we were wicked busy, as they say in Beantown.
Here’s a bit of what went on here the past few days:
- Shannon called this one the “Post Most Likely to Send You Running for the Tissues This Week.” Check out Paper Girl Delivers Food and Shelter to Haitian Family and see if you agree.
- On a much lighter note is Jeanne’s handy travel guide for the Big Bird lover in your life: Three Ways To Get to Sesame Street This Summer.
- Sunny’s post Creepiest Baby Shower Cake Ever is self-explanatory. But it still has to be seen to be believed. (Warning: it will take you a long time to UN-see this thing.)
- Madeline wins the “title of the week” award with her post Sonogram Cufflinks for Father’s Day … or a Pro-Life March.
- Speaking of breast milk (how’s that for a transition?), Cole told us about a guy who actually said, “If I have a lactating daughter, why not take advantage of her?” He has cancer and is using the mommy milk as treatment. But I do question his choice of phrasing. Decide for yourself at WATCH: Man Drinks Daughter’s Breast Milk to Cure Cancer.
- As for me, I was astounded at the number of people who watched the season premiere of that reality show about the people who have all those kids. Share my amazement at Jon & Kate Plus 8 Premiere Snags 9.8 Million Viewers.
- Finally, a plug for Babble Talk Radio, which this week featured myself and Famecrawler’s Karl Erikson. You can listen to the whole show right here, and we’ll be back live again next Friday.