Giveaway: Win an Ultrabook from Some #UltrabookDadsMichael Sheehan
Are you finished with your holiday shopping? Did you get all of the gadget-hungry people on your shopping list some great technology? Was an Ultrabook on that list? If not, you might want to think about it, and if you don’t have a budget for it, perhaps I can help out a bit.
What are Ultrabooks? It’s the latest in slim, lightweight, high-performance design in a Windows-based portable computer. If you are an Apple fan, the nearest equivalent is the MacBook Air. Now, for those people who are Windows-based, Intel is spearheading a new technology movement around this new design and form factor, and it’s called the Ultrabook.
And I’m helping Intel spread the word about Ultrabooks. And to top it off, I’m giving away an Ultrabook in the next couple of days!
Sometimes I really get to do the coolest things as HighTechDad, part of this being playing with the latest and greatest technology out there. Intel got some of this great technology into my hands and they are sponsoring a holiday giveaway to make one lucky person extremely happy. Before I talk about the giveaway, it’s important to know what Ultrabooks are and why they are important. I wrote a lengthy post that covers Ultrabooks on my site, but there are some key characteristics that you should know about Ultrabooks:
- Lightweight – they are a lot lighter than traditional laptops and on par with netbooks
- High Performance – ultrabooks have standard processors in them (like Intel Core i5’s)
- Form factor – their form factor is thin and modern
- Instant On – because of the Solid State Drive (SSD), they resume & turn on quickly
- Elegant Design – because they are so compact, their designs are often edgy and very techy
- Long Battery Life – they are designed to have stellar battery life
- Ultra-Thin – they are thin and lightweight
- Portable – because of their form factor, size and weight, they are designed to be on the go
- Full-featured – they are not restricted in any way and can perform as well as any laptop out there
- Sleek – yep, I have already said they are slim, lightweight, elegantly design…they are almost aerodynamic!
In the next day or so, Jeff Sass (who I do Cast of Dads with as well as some other Intel programs) and I will be giving away an ASUS Zenbook UX31E via Twitter. Be sure to read the Official Rules on how to enter and all of the logistics. For this Twitter giveaway, there is a hashtag we are using: #UltrabookDads so be sure when you tweet, that you use that! Here’s more information about the Giveaway as well and tells you how to enter.
But just to get your mouth watering about this hot technology (which I pretty much guarantee will be a big part of CES 2012), here are some photos of the Unboxing that I did earlier of the ASUS (note: if you win the giveaway, you will be getting a NEW on and not the one you see here):
Elegant Design 1 of 5Ultrabooks tend to have very edgy designs.
Portable 2 of 5The ASUS has an "envelope" case. Innovative.
Full Sized Keyboard 3 of 5Unlike a netbook, you get a full-sized keyboard.
Ultra-Thin 4 of 5The Ultrabooks are extremely thin which makes them very light weight.
Ultrabooks for 2012 5 of 5I really believe that the Ultrabook move in 2012 will be huge!
Regardless of whether you win or not, I do recommend that if you are considering a laptop or a netbook, that you take a closer look at the Ultrabook design. And here are the details again on how to enter.