10 Ways Back to School is Like a Disney VacationAmy Lupold Bair
Okay, I admit it. As I was putting the kids on the bus Monday morning, in my heart I was wishing that we were boarding a plane to Walt Disney World Resort for a family vacation. Instead of doing homework, we’d be watching fireworks. Instead of boarding school buses, we’d be on Mickey’s Magical Express. I let my mind wander, and I realized … back to school and a Disney vacation aren’t so dissimilar after all! In fact, here are the 10 ways back to school is like a Disney vacation:
- You get to buy new clothes and plan amazing first day outfits, and maybe even match your siblings (everyone wear their red Mickey shirt!!).
- You get to meet and make new friends.
- Before you leave, you’ve got to label and tag everything. You don’t want to lose your water bottle on the classroom/playground.
- You’ve got to pack your bags! Whether you’re loading up a suitcase with sunscreen or a backpack with notebooks, it feels about the same … right?
- You look forward to time on the playground. While the monkey bars aren’t quite the same as Space Mountain, it’s all a good time!
- You wake up early so that you don’t miss the bus/rope drop.
- You follow your schedule closely to make it to every class/FastPass window on time.
- Mom takes tons of pictures and posts them all over social media.
- You’re excited for each day knowing you’re going to learn new things about reading, writing, arithmetic, and all of the other subjects featured in Innoventions.
- You can’t wait to get there and see your new classroom/resort room.