Yep! Doc McStuffins is hitting the road for a multi-city “So Much You Can Do… to Take Care of You!” tour in a custom-made, 27-foot Airstream trailer called the Doc Mobile.
The tour will focus on empowering young kids (think ages 2-7) and their families in regards to health and wellness, and knowing Disney, it’s going to be fun.
And get this: Doc herself will be on hand to greet visitors at ALL STOPS (not including Boston and Chicago) along the Doc Mobile tour route. After making her first meet-and-greet debut at Disney’s D23 Expo to rave reviews — and lots of cuddles — let’s hope her next move is to start the same practice at Disney Parks. (Practice. See what I did there?)
The Doc Mobile has an area for kids to perform a “check-up” on their own toys, and will offer up other activities and age-appropriate health and wellness lessons about physical development and fitness. Both kids and their parents will also have the opportunity to meet real-life doctors from the Artemis Medical Society, an organization of more than 2,500 female African-American physicians from around the world who formed the group after seeing a reflection of themselves in the show. Recognizing the opportunity to further inspire young girls, Artemis strives to do just that by nurturing, mentoring, and providing the foundation necessary to create a diverse physician workforce.
My two little fans of magical stuffed animal medicine will be heading to downtown Chicago with me next weekend to meet up with the Doc Mobile, and yes, my four-year-old already has her glittery pink medical bag packed and ready to go. Stay tuned!
Scheduled tour dates are as follows (all events are scheduled from 10:30 am 4:00 pm unless otherwise noted), and any and all updates will be posted on DisneyJunior.com:
- Boston: Sunday, August 18 from 10:30am – 4:00pm – Franklin Park Zoo (paid zoo admission required)
- New York: Wednesday, August 21 from 10:00am – 4:00pm – Disney Store, Times Square
- Chicago: Sunday, August 25 from 10:30am – 4:00pm – Compass Rose at Navy Pier
- San Antonio: Saturday, August 31 and Sunday, September 1 from 9:30am – 5:00pm – People en Espanol Festival, Henry B Gonzalez Convention Center
- Dallas / Fort Worth: Friday, September 6 from 10:30am – 4:00pm – Fort Worth Museum of Science & History
- New Orleans: Tuesday, September 10 from 10:30am – 4:00pm – Audubon Zoo
- Atlanta: Saturday, September 14 from 10:30am – 4:00pm – Centennial Olympic Park
- Washington DC: Tuesday, September 17 from 10:30am – 4:00pm – TBD
- Los Angeles: Thursday, September 26 from 10:30am – 4:00pm – The Grove
- Phoenix: Saturday, September 28 from 7:30am – 3:00pm – Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center
And for those who can’t wait, season two of Doc McStuffins is almost here! Premiering on Friday, September 6 on the Disney Channel and Disney Junior, guest voices will include: Geena Davis, Jeffrey Tambor, Tony Hale, Molly Shannon, Tony Award-winning actress Sutton Foster, Amy Sedaris, and Peter MacNicol. There’s a reason us parents watch too, you know.
Until then, get ready for a “Doc McStuffins: The Doc Mobile” game and other digital activities to debut on DisneyJunior.com/Doc on Friday, August 30.
Also debuting that day is a preview of the season two premiere, “Doc McStuffins Goes McMobile/Chip Off the Ol’ Box” on WATCHDisneyJunior.com. It will also be available on the WATCH Disney Junior app for smartphones and tablets and Disney Junior on Demand. Compatible with smartphones and tablets, download it on iTunes, Amazon and Xbox starting Saturday, September 7.
Photo credit: Disney Junior
Travelhound Pilar wouldn’t mind being at Walt Disney World eating the ears off a Mickey ice cream bar right about now. But, since she can’t be at her “second home” year round, she curates happy thoughts on Disney Social Media Magic, a virtual springboard where breaking news and other Disneyfied thingamabobs are shared. For more mouse-minded geekery, join Pilar on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and personal site, One Mom Media.