You’re invited to join Disney Sisters as we explore all things family at Disney’s D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event! If you have never been to a D23 Expo, it is a family friendly event that each and every generation will enjoy together! That being said, with tens of thousands of Disney fans expected in attendance and a huge convention center to navigate, it’s easy to become “Disney Dizzy.” This year’s convention is Friday, August 9 through Sunday, August 11 and open to the public. Imagine… an entire weekend devoted to everything Disney! Sounds too good to be true, right?
We’re sharing our tips to make your day go smoothly with family in tow. We’ve also rounded up our top 10 family events you won’t want to miss. Click through the pictures below to see the Disney magic that awaits you!
Check out these 10 insider tips:
- Join D23 Fan Club or Sign up for a Free D23 Membership
- Buy your tickets online
- Download the free D23 Expo App
- Look over the schedule with your family before you go
- Pick your favorites and make a plan
- Bring a bag to carry all the Disney goodies you collect
- Pace yourselves
- Keep your kids close (much like at Disney Parks)
- Make a central meet up place in case someone in your party gets lost
- Don’t forget the stroller
10 Must-Dos for Families at D23 Expo 1 of 11
PARENTS TAKE NOTE!
Here's our Top 10 List of Must-Do Things for Families at this year's D23 Expo that you won't want to miss!
"The Phineas and Ferb Waffle-inator Challenge" 2 of 11
To play the "The Phineas and Ferb Waffle-inator Challenge," fans are invited to man one of four colorful, full-scale "Waffe-inators" to unleash flying foam waffles and to move Phineas and Ferb up a towering screen, while outmaneuvering Dr. Doof's evil creations, to free a trapped Agent P before time runs out.
Meet Your Favorite Disney Channel Stars 3 of 11
An unforgettable experience awaits kids, tweens and families who can meet their favorite stars from Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior, experience live performances, get autographs and rock out to Radio Disney tunes over three fun-filled days, August 9—11, at the ultimate event for Disney fans, Disney's D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. The schedule includes musical performances by certified gold Hollywood Records recording artist Bridgit Mendler (Disney Channel's Good Luck Charlie) and Hollywood Records' pop-rock sensation R5 featuring Ross Lynch (Disney Channel's Teen Beach Movie and Austin & Ally), a â€˜Surf Crazy' fan dance with stars from the Disney Channel Original Movie Teen Beach Movie, a special screening of never-before-seen Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts and more.
To Infinity and Beyond: Disney Interactive Takes the Stage 4 of 11
Disney Interactive invites you into its workshop for a first look at its upcoming slate of digital products, including reveals of never-before-seen Disney games, mobile apps, and online shows. Fans won't want to miss "To Infinity and Beyond: Disney Interactive Takes the Stage," Disney Interactive's first ever D23 Expo Arena Presentation. Kicking off at noon, Disney Interactive Co-Presidents, Jimmy Pitaro and John Pleasants, host an inside look at the division's upcoming slate of games, apps, and online shows including:
- The world premiere of Blank: A Vinylmation Love Story, the highly anticipated upcoming web series based on the Vinylmation franchise.
- An Expo-exclusive demo of the just-announced video game Fantasia: Music Evolved, complete with a live performance from the Disney Chamber Ensemble.
- Disney Infinity will pull out all the stops with several surprises fans won't want to miss, including un-announced character reveals, brand new game features and an exclusive giveaway of a never-before-seen Disney Infinity figure for every fan in the audience!
Exclusive Screening of Disney’s "Planes" 5 of 11
Be among the first to see Disney's Planes on its opening day! An action-packed 3D animated comedy adventure from Disneytoon Studios, Disney's Planes will take flight in theaters nationwide August 9, but D23 Expo guests are invited aboard for this special 3D presentation featuring an introduction by some very special guests. Dusty Crophopper dreams of competing as a high-flying racer, but he's not exactly built for racing—and he happens to be afraid of heights. So he turns to a seasoned naval aviator who helps him train to take on the defending champ of the race circuit. Dusty's courage is put to the test as he aims to reach heights he never dreamed possible, giving a spellbound world the inspiration to soar.
Character Meet and Greet 6 of 11
See Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Never Land Pirates character appearances. Other character appearances by Spider-Man and Iron Man.
Radio Disney Party 7 of 11
Popular radio personalities Ernie D, Morgan & Maddy, Jake and Candice from Radio Disney, along with the Radio Disney Road Crew, for interactive entertainment, fun prizes and the hottest music from kids' favorite artists.
Costume Contest 8 of 11
The Ã la Mode Costume Contest, named after The Incredibles' couture genius Edna Mode, is the first competition of its kind to showcase fans' creativity through costumes inspired by all things Disney, including Motion Pictures (Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm); Parks & Resorts; Consumer Products; Media Networks (including Disney Channel, ABC, and ESPN); and Interactive. The Ã la Mode Costume Contest invites fans to dress their best for fun and the chance to win a very collectible—only five were made!—Edna Mode (The Incredibles) bronze trophy.
Ridley Pearson and the Kingdom Keepers Quest 9 of 11
Disney Publishing Worldwide reintroduces New York Times best-selling author Ridley Pearson as he embarks on a journey to write the seventh and final book in the Kingdom Keepers series—only this time, his readers are helping him write it through a brand new app—Kingdom Keepers Insider! Join the author as he reveals how deception and betrayal rock the Kingdom Keepers' world as the merciless group of Disney villains stage an unexpected comeback.
Disney Citizenship Invites Fans to Celebrate 30th Anniversary of Disney VoluntEARS 10 of 11
Visit the Disney Citizenship pavilion to learn how Disney is inspiring kids and families around the world to create a brighter tomorrow. Work side-by-side with Disney VoluntEARS during their 30th anniversary as an "honorary" VoluntEAR. Share a few minutes of your time and help make a lasting, positive impact on your community. Tell us what inspires you to create a better tomorrow at the Be Inspired photo booth.
- Create healthy snack packs for a local food bank: Fans will pack healthy snack bags for kids and families in Los Angeles County. Snack packs will be distributed through the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank.
- Plant seeds for school and community vegetable gardens: Working with Inside the Outdoors, "honorary" VoluntEARS will prepare vegetable and herb seedlings that will later be distributed to nearby school and community gardens.
- Assemble creativity kits for kids: Guests will join First Book and Boys & Girls Clubs to decorate and fill creativity kits with school supplies and Disney books for thousands of kids heading back to school this fall.
"Once Upon A Time In Wonderland" 11 of 11
Executive Producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz will be featured at a panel titled ABC's Once Upon A Time: Behind The Fairytale on Saturday, August 10 at 1:00 p.m. at Stage 23. Eddy and Adam will talk about exciting developments for season three of their hit series Once Upon A Time as well as their new fall series, Once Upon A Time In Wonderland, which takes place in the Victorian England of Alice and the strange new land that exists on the other side of the rabbit hole. The Q&A with the executive producers will be moderated by D23's Jeffrey Epstein.
New this year is the free D23 Expo App from the iTunes and Google Play stores. This app will greatly help you and your family fully explore the expo, we strongly encourage you to download it before you go.
- The most up-to-date schedules for all Expo presentations
- Sneak peeks at merchandise and collectibles that will be available for purchase exclusively at the event
- The ability to push alerts of the latest Expo news including announcements and notifications when panels, presentations, and events are booked up
- Map of the show floor
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Loads of Disney trivia
- Bios of all talent who will be attending the Expo
- Additional fun features such as a D23 Photo Booth, a scavenger hunt and more!