Yup, it happened. Kim Kardashian is FINALLY on the cover of Vogue. After being on the cover of Esquire, InStyle, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, W, Lucky, Allure, Cosmopolitan as well as oodles of tabloids, she finally snagged the most coveted cover in the land. What can we learn from Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s Vogue cover debut, shot by none other than legendary photographer Annie Leibovitz? Here are 5 Things!
1) She has weddings on her mind. That dress she is wearing is soooo bridal and now that their big day is approaching, she apparently is really feeling like getting her walk down the aisle fashion on. But she’s a pro. She’s been a bride two times before.
2) Kanye West was working hard on this one. Back in October of 2013, Kanye spoke out about a photograph from Met Gala on Vogue.com where Kim had been cropped out. “They tried to say she wasn’t there because they didn’t want a reality show girl there.” He added, “There’s no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t be on the cover of Vogue. She’s like the most intriguing woman right now.”
3) There has been speculation that Vogue’s editor Anna Wintour didn’t want Kim Kardashian although she is a fan of Kanye. Vogue has not been in the business of putting reality stars on their cover. But it appears they made a compromise with this one Kanye would appear on the cover WITH Kim.
4) It’s not just the cover, the duo have a spread inside of more bridal inspired fashions and they did a perfume ad looking video for Vogue that includes snippets of their baby North West. You can see the video right here.
5) Kim is like SOOOO excited she “can’t even…”
Photo Source: Vogue.com