The Emmys will be broadcast live on CBS this Sunday (September 22nd) at 8pm Eastern and 5pm Pacific. Aside from breaking news stories, award shows are one of the few things that the East and West Coast get to experience at the same time on television. No need to hold off on spoiling anything — your friends in California will be laughing at the same punchlines as you from your sofa in Philly.
This year, the show will be hosted by the completely amazing and wonderful and brilliant and superb Mr. Neil Patrick Harris. Did you SEE his opening number for the Tonys this year?! If you have not, you must. Even if you are not a “Broadway person,” you will be blown away. I am giddy just thinking about how Neil will try and top the Tonys.
I love award shows. I love the glitter, the ceremony, the speeches, the unexpected moments, and seeing — if only for a moment — some of my favorite celebrities in humble moments of gratitude. It takes a lot of work to create the TV shows we all love, and celebrating the hard work with a gold statuette named Emmy is just fine by me.
Now some of you guys may not hang on to every word of the speeches, and I get it — these shows do have a tendency to drone on and on forever. That’s why I decided to create a bit of interactive fun for us for this year’s show: Two BINGO cards that you can print out and play against yourself, your mom, your husband, your friend, whomever.
HOW TO PLAY:
• Print out the cards
• When the moment in a particular box happens, mark the box off
• You can mark the boxes with a pen or pencil, or you can put a coin or candy on each square
• Your goal is to cover five squares in a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal row. Once you have done this, you win!
Leave me a note here if you are playing and let me know what time you claim your Bingo.
Card One: Click and Print
Card Two: Click and Print
More Posts by Dresden:
• The Evolution of Miss America Winners
• J.K. Rowling To Write Film Based in Potter Wizard World
• Live! From New York! It’s All About Saturday Night Live!
• Is Idris Elba an Oscar Lock for Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom?
• 25 Movies You Didn’t Realize Started as Books
• Doo Wop Group Performs Amazing Cover of a Miley Cyrus Song
• Smell Like the Biebs! 16 Unusual Celebrity Perfumes
• Hot for Teacher! 30 Teachers and Professors in TV and Film