Diana Ross the Wedding Singer? Absolutely!Dresden Shumaker
Later this summer, Diana Ross will perform at a wedding. Well, not just any wedding, but the ceremony of her son Evan Ross to Ashlee Simpson. E! News reported the news earlier this week and also shared that Evan’s big sister Rhonda Ross Kendrick will also be performing.
Traditionally, the mother of the groom has a slightly lower key role on the wedding day. According to the Knot, the duties of the mother of the groom on the wedding day are to:
• Stand in the receiving line after the bride and groom (along with the groom’s father).
• Sit at the parents’ table (if there is one).
• Dance with the groom during the mother/son dance.
So let’s be real, when would we EVER call Diana Ross traditional? And why would we want that?! If Diana was my mother or even my mother-in-law-to-be, I would be begging for her to sing at my wedding. I would put it in my vows that she was invited to sing at any and all opportunities.
Around the world millions (give or take) of couples play “Endless Love” at their wedding. Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross may very well get a live performance. Now THAT is how you start a marriage!
Diana Ross and Lionel Richie Perform “Endless Love”:
Image Credit: PCN
More Posts by Dresden:
• Annie Movie Jumps Into Social Media — The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow
• 1 Is 2 Many: The White House PSA on Consent Everyone Must See
• “Dude Lit” — Where to Turn When You Are Over “Chick Lit”
• Watching a Character from Planes: Fire & Rescue Come to Life
• Discovering Jonathan Tropper: This Is Where I Leave You
• Maleficent‘s Sam Riley on New Fatherhood