Happy Father's Day to President Obama!Kacy Faulconer
President Obama is one of the nation’s favorite fathers. Since taking office in 2009, we’ve watched his daughters go from grade-schoolers to teens. I have a son and a daughter the same ages as Malia and Sasha so it has been especially fun to watch them grow up and to see how Michelle and Barack manage in the spotlight.
Before his inauguration, President Obama wrote an open letter to his girls in Parade called What I Want for You—And Every Child in America. He writes,
When I was a young man, I thought life was all about me—about how I’d make my way in the world, become successful, and get the things I want. But then the two of you came into my world with all your curiosity and mischief and those smiles that never fail to fill my heart and light up my day. And suddenly, all my big plans for myself didn’t seem so important anymore. I soon found that the greatest joy in my life was the joy I saw in yours. And I realized that my own life wouldn’t count for much unless I was able to ensure that you had every opportunity for happiness and fulfillment in yours.
We all feel the same way about our kids. Happy Father’s Day, Mr. President!
- Happy Father’s Day President Obama 1 of 15
- Daddy-Daughter Time 2 of 15
- Sailing with Sasha 3 of 15
- Out for Ice Cream 4 of 15
- Miniature Golfing 5 of 15
- Waiting for the Shuttle Launch (Which Was Cacelled) 6 of 15
- Watching Soccer 7 of 15
- Family Photo 8 of 15
- Hugs and Kisses 9 of 15
- Embarrassing Malia 10 of 15
- Looking Fancy in the Oval Office 11 of 15
- The Women Behind the Man 12 of 15
- Supported by His Girls 13 of 15
- Watching a Parade 14 of 15
- On Easter Sunday 15 of 15
Photo Credits: The White House’s Photo Stream