Looks like the spirit of Spirit Day was strong with Kristen Bell and Dax Shephard! Us Weekly is reporting the couple tied the knot in a surprise and impromptu ceremony yesterday. The two stars showed up at the Beverly Hills County Clerk’s office to simply pick up a marriage license, but, as several sources have confirmed, when a court employee offered to marry them right then in a nearby courtroom they agreed.
The parents to 7-month-old Lincoln have been engaged for quite some time, but had decided to delay getting married until same-sex couples could get married. Once the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was overturned by the United States Supreme Court in June, their marriage plans seemed to kick it up a notch. Kristen, who is a great celebrity mom to follow on Twitter, sent Dax a question, “@daxshepard1 will you marry me? Xo #marriageequality #loveislove.” He accepted her proposal.
The couple have been very vocal about their support of same-sex marriage. When a CNN reporter asked them if their deciding to delay their wedding was “a new straight answer to commitment phobia” the pair seemed visibly taken aback. Dax instantly grabbed Kristen’s hand where a massive engagement ring glistened in the studio lights. “No, no, no no. Are you kidding? Do you know what this cost? You think I have commitment phobia? This is more commitment than getting a tattoo. This is…we OWN this thing.”
Watch the rest of the CNN interview with Kristen and Dax:
Congratulations to Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard!
Image Credit: PR Photos
More Posts From Dresden
• School of Rock and Roll: The Next Generation of Concert Goers Put Bass Before Class
• The 20 Best Ghosts in Film Who Will Leave You Laughing, Crying, or Scared to Death
• Recipe for the Free Birds Movie: out of the oven and on to the big screen
• 12 Celebrity Pumpkins
• 18 Celebs Gone Goth
• One Giant Leap For Reality TV: Winner Gets a Ticket to Space!
• Brace Yourselves, Newest Bridget Jones Book is Shocker!
• 16 Halloween Costumes That Nailed it. Or maybe not.