In 1984, Dan Aykroyd and Bette Midler hosted an award show for MTV at Radio City Music Hall. The big winner of the show was “You Might Think” by The Cars. Who would have thought, all of these years later, that the MTV Video Music Awards would still be one of the most anticipated events of the entertainment world?
Music is the thread that helps weave families and generations together. I know many of us will tune in this Sunday at 9pm and watch the MTV Video Music Awards with our family. I’ll watch it live with my mom and record it to share some parts with my son. I can’t imagine my mom will watch the show for long, but she doesn’t want to miss out on seeing Lady Gaga perform live. My son will get a kick out of any cool dance numbers that happen.
Every day something new and buzzy surfaces about this year’s show. Did you hear about Justin Timberlake? What about the Kanye tribute rumor? Do you think John and Katy will perform their duet?? We’ve started collecting the true updates — as well as the solid rumors — as we count down to the big show on MTV.
Will you be watching?
Updates (and some rumors) from MTV’s 2013 Video Music Awards:
More Posts by Dresden:
• 19 Songs About People: I Bet You Think This Song is About You
• The Way We Were: 16 Famous Parents When They Were Their Kid’s Age
• What’s Up With Birth Order and Middle Children in TV & Film?
• A Tribute to John Hughes
• Raven-Symone Comes Out, Joins Young Hollywood Out and Proud
• Finding Yourself at Four: a post inspired by Shot@Life
• 49 Fascinating Celebrity Sisters