Home

25 Adorable Backyard Sheds

By poppytalk |

Photo: Janis Nicolay

I don’t know what it is about this time of year, but every time May/June rolls around I have an unyielding urge to build/create the most adorable backyard shed possible (and I have a Pinterest board on the subject to prove it).  In fact not one but two or three.  One for a home office, one to store gardening and one to just have an open door to lounge in.  Not that our mini backyard could accomodate them all, but we could have at least one.  There’s just something about creating something neat and tidy and organized in a very small space.  The above one (that I’m currently drooling over) is from the talented landscape designers of Aloe Designs as photographed by interiors photographer Janis Nicolay. (They have an amazing backyard garden worth checking out here). It’s inspired me to go looking for a shed (yet once again); check out my finds in the slideshow below.

nggallery id=’122726′

Backyard Sheds to be Inspired By

National Trust Garden Shed

The folks out of the UK seem to know how to build the perfect shed. This one, the National Trust Garden Shed is one of them.
From johnlewis.com.

Read my other posts on Babble here!

Jan is the co-founder of Poppytalk, a blog about the beautiful, the decayed and the handmade and Poppytalk Handmade, an online curated marketplace. Follow her on Twitter and Facebook.

About poppytalk

poppytalk

poppytalk

Jan Halvarson is a co-founder of Poppytalk, an internationally-lauded design blog with an indie sensibility. She lives and works in Vancouver, Canada. Read bio and latest posts → Read jan's latest posts →

« Go back to Home

8 thoughts on “25 Adorable Backyard Sheds

1. cj says:

I really wish when you have a list of pics for a theme such as these sheds it wasn’t so time consuming to view through them…I have to screen down with each new view of a different shed, etc. I loose interest and close up…nice if all were on one page and you could scroll down through them. Love those types of blogs so much better.

2. bmk says:

Totally agree with CJ. I’m super interested in this topic but the interface is making me give up on picture 2! Bummer!

3. poppytalk says:

Thank you CJ – I’ll pass your concerns on.

4. amyp says:

Came over from poppytalk. Looking at this was a bummer, after the third image, it was too annoying to wait for the page to load, then scroll down to see the pic – hope this problem gets cleared up.

5. CB says:

I agree w/all the above. I made it up to the creative backyard retreat, but am giving up:( Sorry, bc I think I really have the same taste as you..I just don’t have the time needed to go thru all the pics.

6. nesting journal says:

thanks jan for the post. would love to meet you one day and chat. Was just at janis from pinecone camp today doing a consultation on her garden and we were remarking on how amazing poppytalk is. thanks for all the creative vibes you put out there. my morning tea and blog cruise wouldn’t be the same without it!

7. caroline O'Reilly says:

I backup what the others are saying. I don’t think I’ve bothered to hang around to complete one of the posts. And if I see babble mentioned I avoid most postings unless I am really interested as stuff takes forever to load and it’s cumbersome. This posting I can only load the first line of pictures.

8. poppytalk says:

Thank you everyone for your concerns – Babble has advised that they are changing this format, so if you don’t mind hanging in there, thanks so much for visiting my posts – you’re all truly the reason I blog.

Jan