10 Hospital Bag EssentialsMelanie Blodgett
1. A nursing pillow, nursing tank and lanolin: nursing is hard enough as is, these three things will make it slightly smoother.
2. A robe: the hospital gowns get old and this provides easy coverage.
3. Flip flops: easy to slip on if you have swelling and needed for the shower.
4. Snacks: giving birth is a work out and once things have settled down a bit, you’ll be ravenous. Think power snacks like trail mix.
5. Lounge pants: as much as you want to be able to slip on your pre pregnancy jeans a couple hours after the birth, anything with an elastic waist and plenty of give room is much more realistic.
7. Cleansing facial wipes: you don’t even have to waddle to the bathroom to feel refreshed.
8. Camera: whether on a smart phone with quick posting access or with a cord and a laptop, family and friends want to see photos pronto.
9. Going home outfit: pick something that’s easy to dress the baby in and don’t choose a gown so the car seat straps fit properly.
10. Car Seat: make sure to get the installed by a professional about a month before your due date just in case your babe shows up early.
Disclaimer: The content and viewpoints expressed here within are solely that of the originators. Graco’s sponsorship does not imply endorsement of any opinions or information provided and we do not assume responsibility for the accuracy of the content provided. Please always consult a professional for matters related to your child’s well-being. Click here to see more of the discussion.