10 Things That Inspire Me: Lorraine Woodcheke of Chronicle BooksHandmade Charlotte
Lorraine Woodcheke, Lifestyle Marketing & Publicity Manager at indie publisher Chronicle Books, shares her top ten sources of inspiration.
10 Things That Inspire Me: Lorraine Woodcheke of Chronicle Books
1. In an increasingly digital world, my favorite source of inspiration remains printed books. I’m a big fan of Chronicle Books, though I’m admittedly biased!
2. There are so many amazing blogs out there — thank goodness for Google Reader. Decor8, Oh Joy, Apartment 34, Oh Happy Day, Sacramento Street and Mrs. Lilien are among the blogs I visit on a daily basis, especially if I’m in need of immediate inspiration.
3. I’m obsessed with Pinterest. I keep track of all the crafts and recipes I want to attempt. So many pretty things to make & pin, so little time!
4. There’s always something new going on in the social media realm, but I continue to find myself being hopelessly addicted to Twitter. I love that it provides a look into the lives and minds of authors, chefs, media and anyone else I follow. We are truly all connected.
5. I’m often inspired by artists, and my favorite right now is Julia Rothman. She’s an amazing designer and illustrator, and I love everything she does! I just picked up her newest book Farm Anatomy. It’s fantastic.
6. People who can sew (Rachel, I’m talking about you!). I’m dying to learn how. Fingers crossed Santa brings me a Singer!
7. I’m lucky to have a network of friends & family who support me and encourage me in everything I do. They are truly an inspiration.
8. I shop a lot, but I’m amazed each and every time I browse the Etsy marketplace… there are so many talented crafters selling unique handcrafted goods. One of my favorite Etsy sellers is Bella & Beya. I buy a lot of gifts for friends & brides-to-be in that shop.
9. I love magazines, both in print and online. Rue Magazine is my newest favorite. It’s probably the best thing to happen to home décor lovers since Domino.
10. Travel, because I believe a great trip can change a person. I’ve traveled a lot this year, and I cherish great memories from each and every trip. Even when I can’t get away, I’m fortunate enough to live in beautiful San Francisco, so I can find inspiration right here at home.
Thanks for sharing, Lorraine!
Be sure to check out the latest from Lorraine Woodcheke on the Chronicle Books Blog!
Check out other articles by Rachel here!
Other posts you may enjoy: