5 Moments I Wish Were on CameraLiz Stanley
There aren’t any videos of me when I was a young child. I can’t blame my parents though, video recorders were expensive and awkward to operate! I thought when my son was born I would be using video a lot, but the camera on my phone wasn’t great quality (and had no sound), and I didn’t really think to invest in anything more that that for some reason. Now, I’ve really got some serious regrets in that department. Talk about mother’s guilt! The only video we have of him at ages 0-2 is a really horrible quality; the video is of his first steps. Keep reading to see the 5 moments I wish we’d captured on camera…
1. First coos and cries: I can’t even remember what they sounded like! I remember thinking his cries sounded like a cat meowing, but I wish I could listen to it now.
2. First crawls: I do remember wagging around a toy in front of him and watching him lurch forward. I wish I would have caught that moment on camera though! I can’t even imagine him moving with such difficulty now (he’s a speedster!)
3. First bites of food: I have photos of carrots all over his face, but what noises was he making? What was his expression when that food first touched his lips?
4. First words: it was dog, or dadda or something. I can’t even imagine what they sounded like. If only I could go back and listen to them again. I’m sure it was the cutest thing in the world.
5. His first birthday: seriously, I know. I’m the worst parent to miss his first birthday on video. We did take tons of photos but I would have loved to remember how he interacted with other kids or the cute little noises he made.
What do you wish you captured on film?
Want to capture your own family memories on video? We’re giving away two Sony Handycams! To enter for a chance to win, simply comment on this post with an answer to the following question: what’s your favorite family memory?
Want a chance to win weekly prizes like a Sony Handycam or a $200 Disney shopping card? Enter to win here!