The Hot Mom’s Handbook is the ultimate resource for moms of all ages trying
to balance everything from playdate to date night. Jessica Denay shares tips
on how to break loose that inner Hot Mom and tackles everything from
avoiding MILP’s (Moms I’d Like to Punch) to Making your Minivan Rock. Along
with advice from celebrity moms, experts, and friends, the book has insights
from Jessica’s personal journey as well as cheeky ancedotes you won’t find in
traditional parenting books.
Jessica Denay is the founder of Hot Moms Club and Hollywood Hot Moms blog, and
she has appeared on over 100 television shows including Today, ET, Tyra
Banks, E!, CNN, Access Hollywood and many others…. she works with
countless celebrity moms on their baby showers, nurseries, and events, and today she is giving us her advice on budget friendly ways to be a hot mom yourself. Take it away Jessica…
Let’s face it, no matter where you live it’s expensive to raise a baby
today, here are some of my favorite practical, penny pinching tips!
1.For newborns, tear baby wipes in half vertically and save for big messes, that’s all you really need for most changes, and the box will last twice as long.
2. Instead of buying a new stroller use Itzy Ritzy covers, for around $100 you can make an old hand me down or used stroller look fresh and unique.
3. There is no reason to buy expensive baby clothes, with daily discount sites like Gilt.com, Hautelook.com and Mamabaragains.com get designer items at up to 70% off.
4. Be smart when you register, Cord Blood Registry just launched a baby
registry program so friends and family can chip in to bank your baby’s cord
blood (fyi: siblings have an up to 75% chance of being a match so if you
didn’t bank your first baby’s cord blood it is even more important to bank
your second or third…)
5. When decorating your child’s room, frame art and drawings from siblings or
cousins- this adds a personal and playful feel and is easy on your wallet!
6. Start a babysitting co-op with friends, find a currency, say ‘sticks’ -
each couple gets 10 sticks, one stick represents one hour of babysitting
time. If your friend watches your son so you can go to yoga or to a movie
with your hubby, she gets 2 sticks if you are gone two hours, if you run out
of sticks the only way to get more sticks is to babysit for someone’s kids
in the group. This keeps it fair…
7. For busy moms, it is not always practical to get to the salon regularly,
treat yourself to a good haircut at a nice salon for style and shape, then
maintain at more affordable walk-in salons. When grey hair starts creeping
in, brush a little mascara to cover, this will stretch out your color a
week or so. Also if you are in between showers and your hair is feeling
greasy, put a little powder on your hands, then rub into your scalp
to absorb the grease.
8. Host a ‘Clean Out Your Closet Party’: Invite your most stylish friends. Everyone exchanges clothes – it’s a fun excuse to get together, and everyone winds up with something ‘new’. Then you can donate what’s left to a woman’s
shelter. This works for kids’ clothes as also.
What do you think of these tips? How do you maintain your hot-momma-ness on a budget? Let us know in the comments and you could win one of five copies of The Hot Mom’s Handbook. Learn how to enter after the jump…
Giveaway: Five copies of The Hot Mom’s Handbook
How To Enter:
Leave a comment on this post giving us your best tip for being a hot mom and a budget anytime between now and Monday, May 30th at midnight PST. Enter again every day of the contest period. For additional entries:
Like our Facebook Family Style Page and leave a comment letting us know.
Follow @babbleeditors on twitter and leave a comment letting us know.
Tweet, stumble, or share the giveaway on Facebook and leave an additional comment each time letting us know.