Apple has released the new iPad2, available March 11th, and we’ve got all the details.
Click through for a rundown on the new features!
The new Apple iPad2 was introduced by Steve Jobs (take that, National Enquirer) and it’s simply amazing! The basics: faster, lighter, thinner, front and rear facing video cameras, iOS 4.3 with FaceTime / iMovie / GarageBand, 3G on AT&T and Verizon, same battery life, same prices, available in black or white, and Smart Covers.
Here’s a summary of the new features:
- Up to 9x faster than original iPad
- Front and rear facing video cameras with Photo Booth app (capable of viewing 9 live video streams at once)
- Now comes with FaceTime, which can be used between two iPads, between an iPad and an iPhone, or between an iPad and a Mac
- iMovie for iPad (available March 11th for $4.99 in App Store): multitrack audio recording, new themes, AirPlay to Apple TV, share your videos in HD
- GarageBand for iPad (available March 11th for $4.99 in App Store): touch instruments (grand piano, organ, guitars, drums, bass), guitar amps and effects, 8 track recording and mixing, 250+ loops, smart instruments that anyone can play
- 33% thinner (thinner than the iPhone 4)
- Lighter than original iPad (1.3 pounds)
- Models for both AT&T and Verizon networks
- Same 10 hour battery life, even though much thinner (over a month of standby)
- The same exact prices as original iPad
- HDMI video out with mirrored video output (up to 1080p), charge your iPad 2 while using
- New Smart Covers: automatically wakes on open/sleeps on close, magnets grasp and auto-align the cover, available in polyurethane or leather (poly cases are $39, leather $69)
- Along with iPad2, Apple is also releasing iOS 4.3: faster Safari for web browsing, iTunes home sharing to get all of your content directly over WiFi, automatically finds & connects to Apple TV, personal hotspot (iPhone 4 only)
Head over to Apple’s website for more information on the new iPad2!
Check out other articles by Rachel here!
MORE ON BABBLE