One of the biggest beauty trends of the last couple of years is the increase in at-home manicures. More women are ditching the pricey salon prices and getting creative at home.
But even if you do prefer the look of a professional manicure, what are the colors that everyone will be wearing this year? What are the new nail trends on the horizon?
You’ll notice these Spring 2012 trends throughout the collections:
1. Green. A creamy light green, to be exact. You’ll recognize it as pistachio, sea foam, and mint greens.
2. Bright orange. Considering the Pantone Color of the Year 2012 is Tangerine Tango, this comes at no surprise.
3. Bold Brights. 2012 is taking a step away from eye-blinding neons and moving toward mod brights. A blue-toned fuchsia is really popular for Spring 2012.
4. Pastels. In addition to the creamy opaque green color, you’ll find other muted colors like lavender, pink, and butter yellow.
5. Nail adhesives. Stick-on polish isn’t a thing of 2011. Expect to see more collections popping up.
6. Glitter. Another nail trend to follow us into 2012, glitter nails will continue to be wearable well past the holidays.
7. Nude nails. You’ll see a variety of skin-colored polishes this year — from fair beige to darker brown.
8. Star-studded collections. Starting with OPI’s Muppet collection from back in December, you’ll see more entertainment-related collaborations — like The Hunger Games movie and Nicki Minaj.
Read more of Michelle’s writing at Early Mama.
MORE ON BABBLE: